The book includes insights from the following experts:
- Brent Drake, Purdue University, Chief Data Officer, The Key To Great Analytics – Understand The Forces You Want To Change >>
- Karen Stout, Achieving the Dream Inc., President and CEO, The Five Building Blocks Of The Analytics Ecosystem >>
- Patty Patria, Becker College, Vice President for Information Technology, Adopt A Flexible Approach To Glean Value From Data >>
- Susan Grajek, EDUCAUSE, Vice President, Communities and Research, How Analytics Can Improve Student Assessment And Success >>
- Jenny Jones, Ellucian, Principal Management Consultant, Advancement & Alumni Relations, Foster Personal, Productive Alumni Relations With CRM >>
- Robert Henry, Education at CASE, Vice President, Generational Changes Require New Advancement Practices >>
- Mark Koenig, OSU, Vice President for Advancement Services, Beyond The Rolodex – CRM Adds Critical Functionality For Higher Ed >>
- Tom Chaves, Lehigh University, Associate Vice President, CRM And Social Media Pave The Way For Sentiment Analysis >>
- Edna Chun, HigherEd Talent, Chief Learning Officer, How Technology Unifies Recruitment And Retention >>
- Andy Brantley, CUPA-HR, President and Chief Executive Officer, Technology Is The Enabler, Not The Driver >>
- Christy Riddle, Student Success Center, Executive Director, Use Automation To Enhance Success >>
- Richard Sluder, Middle Tennessee State University, Vice Provost for Student Success, Technology Initiatives Guide Student Success >>
- Deborah Ludford, North Orange County Community College, District Director, Embrace A Holistic, Long-Term Approach To Student Success >>
- Diana Oblinger, EDUCAUSE, President Emeritus, The Evolution Of Technology Brings Opportunities >>
- Jerret Lemay, SUNY Oswego, Registrar, Excellent Administration Leads To Excellent Student Service >>
- Bill Thirsk, Marist College, Vice President of Information Technology and CIO, Carefully Consider Cloud Vendors >>
- Kenneth Green, Founding Director, Campus Computing, Plan For The Transition To The Cloud >>
- Thomas Dugas, Duquesne University, Director Information Security, Take A Dip In The Cloud Computing Knowledge Pool >>
- Shelton Waggener, Internet2, Senior Vice President, How The Cloud Aids Higher Education >>
- Deborah Benton, Tulsa Community College, Employee Relations Manager, Best Practices For Attracting And Retaining Top Talent >>
- Tina Woodard, Capstone Performance Solutions Inc., CEO, The Future Demands Technological Muscle >>
The Future of Higher Education was generously sponsored by Ellucian.
These are exciting — and trying — times for higher education. Many institutions face smaller, tighter budgets but feel the pressure to modernize technologies to stay competitive.
Through a generous partnership with Ellucian, we’ve spoken with 20 institutional leaders and experts to learn more about technology challenges and trends in five key focal areas: student success, cloud computing, analytics, advancement, and talent management. During these discussions, the experts shared success stories about operational efficiency, student and staff engagement, and degree completion. They also recounted lessons learned from the challenges they faced while putting new technologies into place.
One thing they all agree on is that when implemented properly and executed well, technology is a platform on which all postsecondary learning institutions can build success. These professionals also highlighted the need for a holistic view of technology across the institution and a concrete plan for campuswide deployment as essential for success.
I trust you’ll find these experts’ insights and advice useful and that after reading this book, you’ll come away with solid strategies to help advance the use of technology in your college or university.