A Compelling Brand Purpose is Essential to Marketing Success
- Build a brand pyramid that includes core consumer insight, key strategic pillars supporting the business, rational and emotional brand benefits, brand values, and brand purpose.
- Use the brand pyramid to guide creative and operational decisions.
- Always start with a big media-neutral idea, and then extend that to all customer touch points.
- Measure key metrics that show success in the context of your brand purpose.
“This emotional connection is the magic elixir that allows you to build a highly engaged and motivated team.”
My experience spans a range of industries, from telecommunications to fashion and retail. Along the way, I’ve discovered three building blocks that are key to creating an effective, efficient team—the type of team that consistently delivers great work, regardless of the vertical:
• You must have a strong, compelling brand purpose. This purpose helps employees understand and rally around the notion of the why. This emotional connection is the magic elixir that allows you to build a highly engaged and motivated team. They understand why they are doing the work they’re doing.