Brand Authenticity Must Be In Your Corporate DNA
- For your customers to see you as a trustworthy brand, tell the world who you are, what you value and how much your customers matter to you.
- Be sure your marketing objectives align with business goals, and provide the marketing team with the tools they need to measure success.
- Be sure that everything that goes external, including anything that you do in social media, lives up to whatever the brand promises.
- Authenticity is the most powerful tool your organization can leverage.
“The push to show your brand’s identity must be one that is executive-driven and has deep roots in every aspect of your business.”
Marketers now operate in an environment that is always-on, specialized, and personalized. Data drives many of these functions, and quite a few CMOs feel as though they are almost drowning in information. The challenge with data is that it will provide an intricate look into behaviors and choices, but it rarely helps in elevating external brand perception. The push
to show your brand’s identity must be one that is executive-driven and has deep roots in every aspect of your business. When the external audience knows your brand’s values and commitments, you have achieved this authenticity. To get there, a company should consider the following:
• Realize that your value proposition matters. Developing a value proposition does more than differentiate your brand in a crowded market. It tells the world who you are, what you value, and why your customers matter to you. These elements, in turn, inspire trust, and people do business with brands they trust.