The book includes insights from the following experts:
- Diana Oblinger, EDUCAUSE, President Emeritus, The Evolution Of Technology Brings Opportunities >>
- Jerret Lemay, SUNY Oswego, Registrar, Excellent Administration Leads To Excellent Student Service >>
- Christy Riddle, Student Success Center, Executive Director, Use Automation To Enhance Success >>
- Richard Sluder, Middle Tennessee State University, Vice Provost for Student Success, Technology Initiatives Guide Student Success >>
- Deborah Ludford, North Orange County Community College, District Director, Embrace A Holistic, Long-Term Approach To Student Success >>
The Future of Higher Education was generously sponsored by Ellucian.
These are exciting — and trying — times for higher education. Many institutions face smaller, tighter budgets but feel the pressure to modernize technologies to stay competitive.
Through a generous partnership with Ellucian, we’ve spoken with 20 institutional leaders and experts to learn more about technology challenges and trends in five key focal areas: student success, cloud computing, analytics, advancement, and talent management. During these discussions, the experts shared success stories about operational efficiency, student and staff engagement, and degree completion. They also recounted lessons learned from the challenges they faced while putting new technologies into place.
One thing they all agree on is that when implemented properly and executed well, technology is a platform on which all postsecondary learning institutions can build success. These professionals also highlighted the need for a holistic view of technology across the institution and a concrete plan for campuswide deployment as essential for success.
I trust you’ll find these experts’ insights and advice useful and that after reading this book, you’ll come away with solid strategies to help advance the use of technology in your college or university.