The book includes insights from the following experts:
- Rachel Guinto, CISO, Ontario Pension Board, Read the article >>
- Brian Shea, Chief Information Officer / Chief Compliance Officer, MBX Medical Billing Experts, LLC and VSTRATEGY, LLC, Read the article >>
- Patric J.M. Versteeg, CISO, Leading Security Change at Enterprise Organisations, Read the article >>
- Tad Dickie, VP & CSO, Colonial Companies, Read the article >>
7 Experts Share Key Questions To Ask When Evaluating Providers was generously sponsored by BlueVoyant.
As cyber threats and the solutions employed to address them become more challenging, businesses are increasingly turning to managed security service providers (MSSPs) for help. Doing so makes a lot of sense, because cyber security is not the core competency of most businesses. However, it is the business of MSSPs, and good MSSPs maintain the staff, expertise, and technologies needed to always stay on top of the latest cyber threats.
But what is a good MSSP? Selecting the right service provider can be a lot more difficult than deciding you need one. With BlueVoyant’s generous support, we took a closer look at how security professionals make managed security services decisions by asking seven security experts these key questions:
– When should you consider partnering with an MSSP?
– How do you know if an MSSP has the technology resources to meet your security needs?
– How do you decide the service level and scope of coverage you need from an MSSP?
– How do you evaluate an MSSP’s threat hunting capabilities and their ability to proactively detect new threats?
– How do you evaluate a service provider’s ability to end, prevent, and respond to breaches?
The answers they provide are interesting and varied, but they point to the importance of an MSSP having an appropriate technology stack and an open relationship that relies on visibility and responsiveness. Anyone who has engaged with an MSSP at any level will find insight and a lot of good advice in these essays.