The book includes insights from the following experts:
- Carie Ann Potenza, Ellucian, Director of Academic and Grant Services
- Scott Pulsipher, Western Governors University, President
- Kara Monroe, Ivy Tech Community College, Vice President of Academic Innovation and Support
- Laurie Dodge, Brandman University, Vice Provost
- Stephen Kosslyn, Minerva Schools at KGI, Founding Dean and Chief Academic Officer
- Kecia Ray, Center for Digital Education, Executive Director
- Paige Francis, University of Arkansas Fayetteville, Associate CIO
Competency-Based Education Emphasizes Outcomes was generously sponsored by Mighty Guides.
Anyone who works in postsecondary education understands that competency-based education (CBE) is a challenge. Institutions struggle with everything from which competencies to choose to how to structure assessments and credentialing programs—all while trying to ensure student success.
CBE programs can affect the entire institution. To help address some of these challenges, we spoke to five institutional leaders who specialize in CBE. During these discussions, the experts shared challenges and successes and recounted lessons they learned while putting new CBE programs into place. These professionals offer their insights and advice on all aspects of building a successful CBE program.
I trust that you’ll find the information useful and that after reading this book, you’ll have solid strategies and useful tips to strengthen your CBE program.