The book includes insights from the following experts:
- Scott Harris, Vice President – Chief Information Security Officer, Lockton Companies, Better Security Through Early Detection and Response >>
- Scott Saunders, Cyber Security Consultant, Exelon Corporation, Early Detection Is Key to Shutting Down Attacks >>
- Wayne Peterson, Global Chief Information Security Officer, Kroll, To Prevent Attacks, Start with the Endpoints>>
Keys to Shutting Down Attacks was generously sponsored by Carbon Black.
Without a doubt, endpoint security has become an urgent priority for many organizations, and it’s not hard to see why. Industry research by IDC is showing that 70 percent of successful breaches enter through an endpoint. Other research shows that more than half of companies have been hit with successful attacks, and more than three-quarters of those attacks were fileless.
For many companies, the modern business environment has become a mobile workplace in which employees work from wherever they happen to be. The fact that people continue to be the weakest security link has made mobile PCs and extended networks a sweet spot for attackers. So how are companies responding?
To find out, we drilled into the question of endpoint security with the generous support of Carbon Black. We approached 30 security experts to discuss these aspects of endpoint security:
- Keys to shutting down attacks
- Rethinking your network strategy
- Justifying the value of endpoint security
- Moving to a cloud-based next-generation platform for endpoint security
In speaking to security experts from a number of different industries, two things are clear. Endpoint security has become a critical piece of a broader security strategy, and securing the traditional network perimeter alone will not save you. One contributor observed that endpoints are in fact the new perimeter.
These essays contain useful and practical insights into evaluating endpoint security needs and implementing endpoint strategies. Regardless of how you think about the role of endpoint security in your overall strategy, I highly recommend that you read what these experts have to say.