The book includes insights from the following experts:
- David Rogers, ServiceNow, Digital Analytics & Optimization Lead
- Nick Panayi, CSC, Head of Digital Marketing & Global Brand
- Chris Diskin, Wells Fargo, Vice President, Digital Marketing Manager – Advisor Digital Strategy
- Mike Caprio, Sizmek, Global VP/GM of Programmatic & StrikeAd
- Howard Diamond, Rise Interactive, Senior Vice President, Digital Strategy
- David Szetela, FMB Media, Owner and CEO
- Jon Parks, Atlantic BT, Marketing Director
- Sandra Zoratti, The Marketer Network, CMO and co-Founder
- Jacob Varghese, Jacob Varghese Consulting, Digital Marketing Consultant
- Paul Butcher, Transform Digital Marketing, Citi, Principal, Head of Digital Communications
- Alexander Montuschi, Cisco, Sr. Digital Media Manager EMEA
- Slava Sambu, Office Depot and Office Max, Director Digital Analytics
- Jessica Williams, Visa, Global Innovation Marketing & Analytics Leader
- Edward Nevraumont, A Place for Mom, CMO
- John Watton, Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle, Member of the BMC Executive Council, Senior Marketing Director, VP Marketing, CMO
- Jeff Marcoux, Microsoft, IMA, CMO Lead, Worldwide Enterprise Marketing, Board Member IMA
- Trinadha Kandi, Deloitte Digital, Digital Marketing & Analytics
- Scott McAllister, Time Inc., SVP of Consumer Digital Marketing + Biz Dev
- Annie Gherini, StumbleUpon, Head of Marketing & Business Development
- Cristian Citu, DHL, Director, Global Digital Marketing
- Bill Muller, Visual IQ, CMO
- Maciej Piwoni, Sage, Running Global Campaigns and Global Digital Analytics Manager
- Katharine Swarney, Nissan, Head of Social Media, Manager Marketing Analytics
- Kat Mandelstein, PwC UK, Digital Customer Strategy
- Lex Bradshaw-Zanger, McDonald’s, Sr. Director Digital Strategy, Europe
- Leo Miller, GSK Consumer Healthcare, Global Digital Director – Digital Transformation
- Martin Majlund, Carlsberg Group., Head of Global Marketing Technology, Board Director. Advisor.
- Steve Bernstein, StubHub, Sr. Director, Data & Analytics
Defining Marketing Success was generously sponsored by Visual IQ.
Do you know exactly how your marketing spend affects revenue growth? If you do, you are in the minority. Most business leaders want to know the value they are getting for their marketing investments, but few are fully satisfied by the answers they receive. And the problem is not lack of metrics.
Online channels are data-rich environments. Data fuels programmatic advertising, marketing automation, and attribution platforms. There is a lot of data available to consider. Email marketers like click-through rates. Social marketers closely watch social-driven web traffic. Mobile marketers zero in on app traffic. But do these metrics have anything to do with bottom-line performance?
To better understand what marketing metrics matter most to business leaders, and with the generous support of Visual IQ, we reached out to 28 marketing experts with the following question:
On which metrics do you advise senior marketers focus to most effectively measure the impact of marketing on business goals, and why are these metrics the most important?
Not surprisingly, many experts qualified their answers with, “that depends on business goals.” Of course, they said a lot more, providing perspectives from several industry verticals, geographies and business models. In this e-book, we have collected a fascinating array of business-goal-oriented marketing metrics. Many not only tie to bottom-line performance but also enlighten broader business management decisions.
I am confident that anyone interested in quantifying the business value of marketing expenditures will find this eBook a thought-provoking resource.